Arrange these pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by catcauphonic, Jul 8, 2019.

1. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    -Boss TU3 tuner
    -Boss LS2 line selector
    -Boss ODB3 Bass overdrive
    -TC Elec SubNup octaver
    -MXR M87 Bass compressor
    -Aguilar Agro distortion
    -Darkglass Alpha Omicron distortion
    -Noisekick FX Laser Cat Fuzz
    -SUF green Russian fuzz
    -EHX Bass Big Muff PI
    -EHX Bass Clone chorus
    -EHX Small Stone phase shifter
    -Donner JC flanger
    -Moore ReEcho

I've got a pretty good idea about how I'm going to do it, but I can still be swayed on where exactly to put the compressor, octaver, and line selector, and in what specific order to arrange the modulations.

You don't HAVE to use all of them if you think something is particularly awful or whatever (please state why), but keep in mind that the line selector on 'A/B MIX' mode can make extremely rough dirts like the ODB3 & Cat Fuzz useful in the right musical situation.

I'm in a 2nd band with drums, guitar, and 2 very different female vocalists, one of which also plays keys. Our gigs are on the raucous side, and experimentation is encouraged. We meet again to do some writing tonite.

GO! :hyper:

2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Noisekick is relatively local and I've always been curious about that laser cat thing (vids I have seen of it haven't sounded very useful...) - you gotta make us a demo with and without the LS2 =0)

3. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    I think they're out of Philly. It's a guitar pedal that a friend from PA sent to me. They seem like a cool li'l company from what I've read. I saw this one that somebody had custom ordered one for bass with the tone knobs, but I don't know how it sounds. Almost looks like 2 pedals in one >

cgan1zvjksiknpaalb5q.jpg

They'll even put your cat's picture (or whatever) on it! >^..^< :woot:

I'll see if I can't get a video up tomorrow. Today is just too full. In fact, I might not be back here until soon before our 730pm meet up (PST.) Off to get more velcro/dual lock now

4. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Maryland, near Baltimore, I think - judging by how many MD flag pedals the guy makes =0) It's no surprise; MD has the coolest state flag IMHO (I grew up there...)

catcauphonic likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021