Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Arrested after a VERY crazy gig......

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Gia, Apr 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    I was just talking to someone which reminded me of my most favouritest gig ever. I got arrested for prostitution. Well, what happend was i was out with my friend Tosh (short for Natasha) and she has this gurrrl band and she was doingn this gig in theis itty bitty club and i went along to see. At the end i was got up on stage while they were shouting stuff at the men in the audience and i got this guy to come up on stage and take off his pants and shorts. Tosh proceeded to try and light his dick on fire with some whisky. Some cops were at the back of the club and they tried to arrest me for prostitution and Tosh for obscene behavior. We were in a cell together all night. Funny as hell.

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i also recently read that the smae thing happened to a couple other, more famous people . Like Marilyn MAnson got arrested for violating the adult entertainment code for setting HIS balls on fire.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    WOW, too bad you didn't play 'Great Balls of Fire' - would've added a lot in 'entertainment value' [​IMG]

I long ago stopped wondering about American law (enforcement)...
    But it's really not the nicest thing to do to a guy's wiener [​IMG]

4. there was a time years ago that the singer for GWAR got busted for a large cuddlefish hanging from his waist.

5. I was doing sound for a punk band in the early 80's, and the guitarist (male) and singer (fem) were married. In the middle of a bass and drum vamp, she proceeded to give him.........well, oral pleasure while on stage. Sitting in the back of the club were two undercover vice cops! Uh oh. Five minutes later there were about 20 of the city's finest clearing out the club. They wanted to arrest the all the club owners, employees, band members, an me for everything from lewd conduct, public nudity, and a half dozen other charges.

Fortunately, a captain showed up to sort things out and everyone but the two onstage were let go. They were sighted for a couple of misdemeanors (all but one were dropped) and the bar got a $150 fine.

I love rock and roll.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ok...gig stories we can do...but could we keep it down to a dull innuendo please?

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i suppose not but you have to remember, the restof the band didn't really like men all that much. I was just getting into the spirit of things

8. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Now had I told you guys I tried to light some naked chicks boobies on fire you would had my ass for it.

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    true. Very true. Well i think girls have got so much **** over the last 2000 years without guys batting an eyelid it's time to turn things around.
    (joke) I'm not really into the heavy feminist crap i just think it was fun to do that. Come on.i was drunk.
    But i think if a girl does something like that and eg. posts it, she doesn't get much hounding cause peole are more shocked than if a guy did it.
    I'm an angel really.

10. *cough* and every star trek fan has sex on a daily basis.. :D

that was mean :D

11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I still don't get why you were charged on that, and not on hurting the guy...

Well, American law must be one of the weirdest in the world :D

BTW: Anybody ever seen Rockbitch live? :D

12. Tuomas

Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    I've seen rockbitch live. It was fun but the joke got old really fast.
    To me all this sounds like a bunch of people trying to have fun, but I've heard that police are more strict when it comes to things like that in US.
    I don't understand what police has against fun as long as nobody gets hurt (against his/her own will.)

13. Some times i dont understand our laws here. they dont care about anything but their own egos and it makes them feel big to bust other people for small $h!+. Im pretty sure that the guy had to be standing still pretty long for you even to get the message across, which leads me to believe that he didnt mind.

14. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    exactly. But since he let us do it, that's why it was apparantly prostitution. Even though we wern't paid. The cops kept reffering to us as Thelma and Louise. It was very funny.

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    wow. I suddenly feel very sheltered. I don't think anyone actually understands American law, moral based crap that is. We seem to have a lot of trouble keeping our noses out of everyone else's business.

16. Yeah, good ol' "land of the free".

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    I just realised that i have a police record now. Oh well. I can just imagine my future employers going
    "you've been arrested for prostitution ????"
    and me going
    "it wasn't prostitution exactly..."

18. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Ain't that "confidential" if you're below a certain age?

19. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Yeah but they told us we now had it on our record. Tosh's (the other girl) dad is an important judge and he got her arrest cancelled or something so it didn't show that she had been arrested for prostitution on her record but she still has other offences on it apparantly. She's a bad bad girl. Last summer she jacked a cop car. That was more stupid than bad.

20. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Dude....

First off, it ISN'T the cops doing anything wrong. They are doing the job they are TOLD to do.

Second, this is one of the few countries left in the world that still has MORALS of any kind, and the way I see it we're simply attempting to keep those morals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.