1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Arrggg. Nervous

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bently, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Bently

Bently Guest

Jul 3, 2005
    Saltillo, Mississippi
    Ok, well my nerves are kinda racing right now. At 9:00 in the morning I have an audition for a college country type band that I get a scholarship for. I have a piece worked up with tapping, slap, speed, etc. I wouldn't mind playing it for the head director guy, but on a stage in front of about 60 people....... I have only been on stage twice. Once with my old band that never made it passed our first show (singer went to college), and in the talent show at school. Now the talent show was in front of abnout 600 people, but I was on stage with 4 other people, Not just by myself.

So I'll probably not be able to sleep tonight............anyone else got any stories about things they have done like this...........or maybe some advice for me. :help:

2. booradley

booradley

Mar 28, 2006
    Have fun and relax. Good luck!

3. Bently

Bently Guest

Jul 3, 2005
    Saltillo, Mississippi
    I htink it went well. They'll call me later this week. hopefully in the next couple of days. I did decent on the "show your abilities" portion, where you just play a little something you put together. But I bombed the jam portion. They asked me to follow along on Blue Suede Shoes by reading a nashville number chart. It was bad.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Slapping and tapping for a country audition? I guess you didn't get the word from Dave Pomeroy. "The first time through a song, play as few notes as possible. The next time through, cut out half of them."