arrgh..broke an elixir g on my pbass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Apr 17, 2003.

1. g string only

3 vote(s)
  2. whole set

8 vote(s)
  1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Strings are about 4 mos old. Do I replace the G, or the whole set? They were getting a little tattered, but sound was still good.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    buy some dr strings. they last as long, and sound better. The bass Elixirs are a waste of money.
  3. If you're not gonna play live or record anything, I'd recommend you to buy the G string alone.. And maybe buy a new whole set and leave it for later..
  4. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    breaking strings sucks. I say buy a few Gs, and a new full set. if just the G breaks, replace it, if ya need completely even sound, replace em all.
  5. If you contact Gore and have your reciept, they will send you a new set for free.

I worked for me.
  6. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    When I break a string I usually replace the whole set. I think it sounds weird when one string is much brighter than the rest. In this case though its tough. A new set of Elixirs is like 40 bucks.
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Go get some Austin City Limits strings... they are like $10.
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    He was not asking what strings he should get.
    He was asking if he should get one new string or a new set.

Get a new set.
  9. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Ran out and got a set of DR Hi-Beams and changed them. Nice ballsy tone. I WILL order a few sets and sinlge G's from juststrings.
  10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    cool beans! dr's are cheaper, but more worth the money. They are regular strings, but use fingerease on your neck, and the strings, and they will last longer