Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Arrrr! Pirates!!???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jkritchey, Nov 7, 2005.

1. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Unbelievable!

Clicky-Clicky

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

wow

I didn't know piracy was such a booming business still.

where do I sign up

BUT LOOK OUT!! ----------> :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

All you need is the moustache and you'll have that Pirates of the Carribean groove going on!

Oh yeah,.... :ninja: :ninja:

4. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    But instead of sabers and canons, they now use guns and RPGs.

5. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Are you kidding ... you ought to hear the shippers in HK talk about pirates. It's a great business. E.g., out of Malaysia, you will regularly have tankers carrying $150 - 200 million worth of oil, and 7 crewmen. Pirates board, make them an offer of either (1) $1 million each, and disappear forever; or behind door #2 (2) death. Most ships are being satellite tracked now, but it still happens. For pleasure boats (we have a lot of friends who sail long distances) there are smaller operations that go for these boats, usually killing everyone aboard. The Philippines are the most dangerous waters for small boat piracy. Unfortunately, they have some of the nicest islands to visit. It's a big big problem in the South China Sea.

6. RPG's? What, they sit them down and bore them to death at gunpoint?...wait, rocket propelled grenades...nevermind.

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Idea for a movie:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Black Pearl vs Carnival Cruise Lines

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    disney is making a sequel, no?

9. Carnival Cruise Lines win. You oughta see what they are charging to house the NOPD in a stationary boat....true piracy (here's a hint...it's about 1 million more per week than the boat would generate if it were cruising with tourists). Sorry to get off topic.

Mike

10. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    ''Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer refused to rule out the possibility that attackers deliberately targeted the US-owned ship in an act of terrorism.''

What a wanker... Haha, sure is a 'downer'.

11. as a pirate, I do not condone these actions of my fellow buccaneers.

12. Boplicity

Disney is making two sequels. The one coming out next July is "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". The third in the series may not be named yet, but as I understand it, the thrid is being filmed the same time as the second.

13. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    my original comment to this involved a pun on that title that i deemd too racy, so i will now only respond with, "that is interesting," and proceed to scratch my chin in a manner that signifies interest. :)

14. Boplicity

Man, that went over my head! Being as I will be on Carnival Liberty for a cruise tomorrow, I guess I am daffy trying to figure out if my black belt in karate will come in handy when and if pirates attack. I just hope if they do, they'll look like Capt Jack Sparrow. :hyper:

15. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    have fun! :bassist:

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    You know... we all fight over what is better... ninja or pirate... of course smart folks all ready know that pirate could kick ninja's tight little arse but some of us still believe otherwise...

To both sides i will say this... think how unstopable ninjapirates would be... there is nothing that can stop a ninjapirate... they are unstopable hance the name: "unstopable ninjapirates". Ever think about that? Ninjapirates man... thats where its at!

17. I concur.

18. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Nothing new under the sun, I guess.

Loudoun County - Potomac Falls

19. What need is a REAL super-race! Ninjapirates WITH COWBELL! :eek: