Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ART Levelar tube?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Doug, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    I just recently purchased a new ART levelar tube compressor for my rig, from Musicians Friend. Upon opening it up I found that the tube inside was a JAN Phillips 12AT7. On their website it states that it comes with a 12AX7. Also, I would doubt that they would ship these out with JAN Phillips tubes. I know some of you have these, I want to know what tube you got with yours. I also have sent ART and Musicians Friend an email regarding this. I have a strange feeling I got a used piece of equipment. It works, but if they want me to keep it, they better give it to me for a better price!

2. ive heard of them doing stuff like this before

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    This thread peaked my curiousity, so I went and took a peek inside my Levelar. I have the same tube, and I'm more than sure it's the original factory installed tube.

4. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    At least I know that I'm not the only one. I'm still waiting for a response from ART. I'll probably end up calling them.

5. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Slater FYI,
    Talked wirth a rep from ART today. He told me they changed the tube to a 12AT7 but they have'nt changed the specs on their website or manuals as of yet. So all Levelars are shipped with 12AT7's now. He would'nt get technical why they changed it, just said that I had the correct tube.

6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Thanks, Doug.
    I was just happy to not see a POS Chinese tube in there.