Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ART Nightbass SGX questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ryan L., Apr 13, 2001.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Hey
    I just won an ART Nightbass SGX preamp/effects processor off of ebay.
    Does anyone else have one of these?? Is it very complicated to use?
    What kind of MIDI foot controller do I need to get for it (it doesn't come with one).

Anything else that I should know about it??
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ryan

2. You can WIN stuff off ebay?

Try the Midi Mouse from Tech21nyc.com, it looks real easy.

3. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I meant I won the auction on it.

DUH!!!!!!!

4. I don't know if ART still makes it, since the NightBass is out of production, but they used to make an X-15 Ultrafoot midi controller designed especially for it. No, it's not very difficult to use, but with over 400 presets and the capacity for 200 more of your own programmable combinations, it will keep you busy for awhile. Hopefully it came with a users' guide?

5. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nope, no manual, either. Kinda sucks, but it sounds like I can get a copy of that from Art's website. (hopefully)

6. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Thanks. I'll check out that site with the manual. I am guessing that the manual will be kind of a necessity for figuring the thing out.

7. freddylang

freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    I have the Nightbass. It is discontinued and i bought it used. It has an excellent manual if you get it. Yeah it has the 400 presets but i got the best out of it when I created about 15-20 of my own which give me the exact sound i want. It took me 6 months of screwing around with all the other effects before i realized I needed simpler more personalized sounds. you can make some wild effects with it too. It creates a little background buzz which is irritating sometimes but overall it was a great buy.

8. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, I am hoping to get a copy of that manual. I have sent a couple of emails to different places requesting them, and I am still waiting to hear back.

Thanks for the replies.
    Ryan

9. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    ART emailed me the pdf file of the users guide for it today. Looks like it is gonna come in real handy.

10. Laker

Laker

Mar 23, 2000
    I had a Nightbass preamp for a lot of years and I agree with freddylang that there are a lot of sounds in it, but your best bet is to work with it and develope your own patches. I had, at the most, four "programs" I used all the time that I had created. The canned stuff is kind of "look what I can do", not very usable. I also had the X-15 controller and it was fun to screw around with, but it never left the house as it really didn't fit into my music (R&B and Blues).