Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ART Phat-boy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by wzrdofgz, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Used phat-boy bass efx pedal and adapter in good working condition. Has some wear on it ,and is missing a plastic nut on the 1/4 inch imput jack & some of the print is a little rough &/or wearing off. The adapter is not the original one, but still rocks!! :D
    $35 OBO + shipping

Attached Files:

2. *shipping included* :eek:

3. **$35 w/ shipping**

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    oh, i am interested here...

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Hey Trev - I already have one of these or I'd be on it. This is way cooler than the Ampworks and you can beat it like a bad dog. It's way strong.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Does it present a problem that you can't really reprogram it?

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Never did to me. I've generally had a bunch of rack stuff about to get 'tweaky' with in a studio setting... Fact of the matter is you really can't get to far out there with effects on a bass or you loose a lot of bottom or punch. Well, maybe you can in some wacky ambient musical setting but I'm a blues / jazz / rock 'a billy guy- my job is to get 'em dancing,

The presets on the ART were nicely done, very useable sounds in a live setting for the most part. There are a few that are too far off the curve for my uses. The pitch change/ detune stuff doesn't do it for me but the whole concept of pitch change / detune doesn't really mesh with my musical setting anyway... The growl thing was always too bassy for my taste but I'm close to a one tone guy anyway.

(I'm of the philosophy that you get the right sound for the room and don't screw with it. I like it big, punchy and clear and there is a very fine line between there and boomy / muddy / undefined when you get up to volume.)

I used the verb, chorus, flange. A bit of the delay. The DI and EQ as well. I really like being able to plug in 'under my feet' and tape a cable down to go back to my amp.

So the Phat Boy isn't the end all of the effects world. It is however a really well built piece of gear and is emminently useful in a live setting where all that rack mount stuff get's in the way. Mine is out on loan at the moment as one of my buddies has a son that is learning to play. I loaned him the ART, an ancient GK head and 1x15 JBL bin in return for lawn mowing for life (only kidding about the lawn mowing...) I almost snagged this one just to have another around.

8. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    wzrdofgz, u have pm

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, I think I may take this. I'll probably know if I have the cash after tonight.

10. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Consider it sold. Contact me and we'll work out the details.

11. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    What happened, wzrdofgz?
    I accepted your offer but have got no response via PM or Email.

As I said in the PM, I had another deal on a compressor in the works that has now been sold to someone else. If you've changed your mind it's no problem but you could at least let me know what's going on.

12. been recording all weekend so no access to web.. :meh:

13. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    No prob
    So do you want to shoot me a pm to work out payment & shipping?

14. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Bump.

Still no response! ???????

15. sorry 4 the delay.. :meh: pending local sale

16. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Scratch my offer. Thx for keeping me updated.

17. mbizy

mbizy

Dec 20, 2005
    Greensboro, NC
    Hey, wzrdofgz
    Still have the Phat-boy? For $35 including shipping, I am interested.
    mbizy

18. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    Dang! Whoever gets this at $35 shipped will get a deal. I paid $70 shipped for one off Ebay.

19. this has sold locally..thanks for the interest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.