1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Art Pro Channel II question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassjnky1, Apr 1, 2013.

1. I am currently working on my first pre / power amp rig and am using the Art Pro Channel II. My question is regarding where in the signal chain is the best place to introduce a BDDI and why. This unit provides so many options...instrument input, before or after the compressor, before the EQ... several options.
    Can any of you that have experience with this unit share your findings.

Thanks

2. Run that MFer in to the mic input via XLR cable. You can power the BDDI off of the phantom power.

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I would use it as a pedal...

Bass->BDDI->ART->Poweramp->cab.

I like the BDDI to add crunch and boost.

4. Thanks CL400. I know you have experience with the Art and I had not thought of that. Thanks for the input (bad pun intended).

5. Hey no problem. I really like having the DI on the Mic in. Makes a ton of sense too.

6. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Is it my imagination or are more folks switching back to pre/power setups these days?;)
    There have been like 6 threads on the subject in the last couple of days.

7. I think lightweight, very powerful, cheap power amps have something to do with it. You can get into a lightweight, powerful, and versatile pre/power set up for pretty cheap now adays.

8. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Totally agree CL400Peavey!
    I ran a pre/power setup several years back - Demeter VTBP201 and Crest CA4. I switched because of the poweramp weight.
    So on Saturday, I nabbed a Peavey IPR1600 on a GREAT deal at GC. I'm running that with my Tonehammer PRE/DI. I think I recall you ran that for a while until you got the Crest?

9. Yep I ran an IPR 1600 for a while. It is in a box while I decide its fate of sale.

Great amp, the Crest is just the bigger brother in terms of features. Love the performance.

KILLER combo with the TH and ART (with either power amp). I prefer the tone/function of the TH over the SA I used to have, but I could see a preference for that Pre as well.

10. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    I really like the Tonehammer. I've had it since they first came out. Agree, great combo with the IPR.
    Sorry for the slight thread derail.
    I'm hearing a lot of good reviews of the ART - I may have to make that my next gear purchase!