1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ART Pro Channel - Preamp/Compressor/EQ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Blichmann, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Price:
    $150
    ART Pro Channel - Preamp/Compressor/EQ.

A tube-driven channel strip or instrument preamp.

Three fully independent sections: a tube preamp, an optical/tube compressor, and a four-band parametric equalizer.
    Selectable VU output meter and LED gain/reduction strip. Rackmount, 2 spaces.

Details at: Pro Channel – Mic Preamp/Compressor/EQ – ART Pro Audio

Fully functional, very good condition. Includes manual and power chord.

Asking $150 via PayPal, plus actual shipping cost.

I also have a Stewart World 1.6 and a QSC PLX3002 power amp in separate ads - will combine shipping if you are interested in more than one item.
    I've purchased gear thru TalkBass in the past, but this is my first time selling here. Usually I use Craigslist or Ebay. Thought I'd try TB for my more bass-centric stuff...

Preamp 1.jpg Preamp 2.jpg Preamp 3.jpg Preamp 4.jpg Preamp 5.jpg Preamp 6.jpg Preamp 8.jpg Preamp 7.jpg Preamp 5.jpg

2. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    How would you rate it's usefulness for bass?

Thanks,
    John

3. John,
    I really liked it. It's kind of the big Swiss Army Knife of preamps.
    You can set it up super clean, or it can do the warm tube thing. The 4-band parametric EQ is really flexible - you can get the mids just the way you want them. Setting up the gain is very easy.
    I personally have not done much with the compressor, but that says more about me than the preamp - I'm not much of a compressor kind of guy. FWIW, I remember "reading good reviews" about the optical comp stage when I originally bought the unit.
    And you gotta just love the looks of that big VU meter... 8^)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    yodedude2 likes this.