Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ART SC2 compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sundogue, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I picked up an ART SC2 stereo/mono compressor/limiter for $35 used.

Obviously it is not in production anymore as the ART website doesn't even list it in it's discontinued section.

Does anyone know where to get a manual for it...or know anything about them? I've e-mailed them but no response as of yet. I can use it without a manual as I've used simliar compressors before.

Anyone else here ever have one of these?

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    You got it for 35 bucks? HELL of a deal!

I had one (ironically, I sold it to a buddy this morning because the threshold on one channel is broken) and LOVED it. Great compressor.

3. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Yup, $35. I always get great deals from this music store I've been doing business with for over 25 years now.

I have yet to play out with it, but in setting it up with my amp at home it works great.

I've always used compression to varying degrees...my amp has killer tone, but I like to use it to further fatten up the sound.

Good to hear one person say they like it. It is a dual, stereo compressor...were you using it on your bass amp? It could have been run in mono. Oh well, it's an old compressor.

I still can't find the manual, online or otherwise.