1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Art SLA-2. Who has one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dhodgeh, Apr 11, 2005.

1. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    I'm just putting a rig together, and being as I don't gig full time, I would like to assemble a fairly small and powerful rig, while spending as few dollars as possible.

I've traded some un-used equipment for an older BBE 383. So now I'm looking at power amps.

QSC was leading the race, but RMX series is a bit much on size and weight, and the PLX series is a bit pricey.

I've found that the Art SLA-2 looks to be at the price/power/size target I'm wanting, but I have not found much about them here.

So can anyone shed any opinions on this baby.

TIA

Don

2. I got one! Its a great amp for the price. I power an Ampeg 8x10 with it. and it gets plenty loud. Not as loud as it could(only running 200x2) , cause I can't bridge it. Even though it says its stable at 4 ohms bridge they don't recomend it. But I did bridge it on an Eden XST 2x10 that I have. And it kicked butt. The only drawback is that even though its a 1 space amp. its pretty heavy. Or at least it feels like it. But its nothing you couldn't handle.