Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

art work on bass cabinet

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by teprodic, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Hello everyone, I tried searching for this but didn't seem to find anything on this so I decided to add a new thread. But yeah well I was thinking of putting some sort of art work on my Ampeg 8x10 cabinet. I think I've seen some bands that have some art work on the front of their Ampegs and I was wondering how I could do that. I was thinking of getting a grim reaper on my cabinet but I'm not sure if i would have to remove the front part or if they do the artwork the way it is with the cover kept in place. So my question would be if they were to do the work without removing the front cover would it damage the speakers? I think the way they do it is by air brushing it but I'm not sure. And I'm also not sure as to how much this would cost so if anyone has had this done before on any of their cabinets could you please give me some information on the whole step by step process that you have to go through. Thanks a lot.

2. Have any pics? If it's on the front panel, they definitely remove the cover and the speakers to get the job done, let it dry and reassemble.

3. Seriously.... remove the grill. You don't want painted cones. We'll call you madonna! :D

4. oh alright, so im guessing they'll end up removing the front panel. Anyone have an idea how much it costs to get the whole job done?

5. My assumption is that any work like this is completely custom, one-off stuff done by private artists, so basically not cheap unless you've got a good buddy willing to do it for you.