Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Artcore problems?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kasper007, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    Hi there I'm new here so hello to everyone.
    I've been scrolling through these forums for a while now and i'm looking for a new bass. I was thinking about an Ibanez Artcore(ABG140) as i've read some good things about it.
    But in some posts there have been mentioned some problems with the knobs and something that worried me even more: the strings. It seems they must be of a long scale in order to fit but as I am a bit clueless when it comes to strings I don't know if they are easy to find. So are they common, are they made by every mark of strings (D'addario for example)?

2. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    BTW: I know there is a forum for strings but my question is a bit about the general shortcomings of the bass

3. hello and welcome to TB..

i don't know about the knobproblem, but i can tell you that you don't have to worry about the strings.. long scale in the most common bass strings.. that is the scale you would use on your jazz bass or any other 34" scale bass..

4. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    Yes I know but it seems these must be longer than "normal" long scales :meh: