Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Artcore

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by permagrin, Mar 2, 2006.

1. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    SOLD!

Ibanez Artcore. Very cool bass, sounds and plays great. I traded Funkycarnivore for this baby last fall, it's fun but with all my other basses I really don't need her. I need to finance a purchase so sorry, no trades. Excellent condition, near mint, only dings are on the back top of the headstock (looks like it spent some time leaning against a wall... Jerome???). I'll take some photos here soon.

$275 + shipping (from 90732). No case, it almost fits in a Fender gigbag (brand new) and I'll ship it out in that. Thanks y'all.

2. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Oh yeah... Paypal preferred, I'll eat the fee, and if anyone wants to check it out in person we can arrange it, I live and work down here in Pedro.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    if that was the single cut i would have been all over it!

4. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    These are fantastic, inexpensive basses. Excellent neck. Great candidate for a Dark Star...

5. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Actually, after seeing some web comments I was leery, but I very much like the stock pickup in this bass, it sounds tight and upright-y. Not very bright or "modern" but that's not what you'd play a hollow body for.

Anyway, Monday morning bump, BTT.

6. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    BTT, somebody's gotta want this beauty....

7. Fred Hammon

Fred Hammon Dark Star pickups

May 13, 2005
    Maybe this will help stir things up. Artcores with a DS on red leather works for me.

[​IMG]

8. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Very nice Fred, from what I've read your pickups are nothing short of phenomenal.

The Artcores have a solid center under the top, running from the neck to the tail, so there's little chance the bridge will start lifting off, and a Darkstar mod isn't an overly difficult operation.

9. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I snapped a couple pics this morning, pm your email. I shrunk this one down here, on black leather w/o a DarkStar....

10. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Some extreme closeups: top back of the headstock, plus I found 3 very small dings on the back of body near the input jack.

11. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I just checked one of these out at a local store. WAY cool. I was especially impressted with the playability for a sub-$500 bass! The MSRP is almost $600, and the cash price is over $400 on these bad boys. This is a GOOD DEAL!

12. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I sent you a pm.

Mike

13. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
  14. permagrin

permagrin