Artec alnico EMG 35 shape?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by orange joe, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. orange joe

orange joe I am serious and don't call me Shirley

Sep 7, 2012
    Albany NY
    I recently had a malfunction with some pickups I just got from a small time builder and they appear to have caused an issue with the Duncan pre I am using.So I found these on eBay on the cheap.I can't find much info on them anywhere but for the price I figured why not try em.I did manage to find a bit on their pre amps and also ordered one of the SE-2A preamps.it all came to about $70.does anyone have any experience or info on these pickups or pre?Cheers.
    $_3.JPG

2. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Probably the same Pups Ibanez uses in it's cheaper SR series of basses.

3. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    I have an Artec piezo pickup in mine. Works perfectly!

4. orange joe

Sep 7, 2012
    Albany NY
    I got the pickups and pre installed yesterday and I like them so far.I particularly like the pre.its quieter than the Duncan pre that it replaced.It doesn't get to harsh and hissy even when the treble is cranked and the bass doesn't get too boomy when turned up either.the pickups are fairly straight forward.nothing spectacular but a good usable ton from both of them and with the pre it gives me enough to work with.They will do until I can afford some more pickups but I think I might keep the pre.

5. orange joe

Sep 7, 2012
    Albany NY
    I am actually really liking these pickups. Very warm and organic sounding. Kind of reminds me of a Bartolini M34C like sound just less muddy.the bridge pickup really nails the early Jeff Berlin sound. But for some reason they don't seem to make this particular set anymore. I can't find anymore of them and the only Artec pickups I can find in the EMG 35 shape don't have the Artec logo in the bottom right corner and are ceramic not alnico.They also don't appear on the Artec website or any of their dealers sites that I can find.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022