Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Artec Electronics

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by teej, Dec 24, 2005.

1. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Does anyone know anything about Artec, especially their preamps?

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hey Teej, do you have a link?

3. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    www.artecusa.com - It redirects you to some electronics corp. in Taiwan. I didn't see anything about preamps and whatnot, only 7" digital TVs.

There are a few eBay auctions for Artec 2 and 3-band preamps. The seller is in Singapore, but he's an honest guy -- I've bought from him several times before. Anywho, $30 + $8 s/h for a 3-band pre with variable mid sweep fits my budget really nicely, that's why I'm curious about this Artec stuff.

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

email and ask the guy how it compares to Aggie's and Barts, or whatever he's compared it to. I personally haven't seen any significance difference between the aftermarket stuff I've tried. The aftermarket has struck me as superior to what little manufucturer pre's I've messed with on mid-range basses.

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I just saw one of these mentioned in passing a reveiw by a guy named Davy Riggs that has an email contact. It's at harmonycentral.com in the review section for a Roland bass cube 30.

Says he builds guitars and basses and I'd speculate he could tell you something.