Artichoke pwns me

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Mar 31, 2005.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I just have to take a moment to share my love of the artichoke. Every time I cook one of these babies I think "Man this is the best thing ever!" It's so freakin' good and I can't get enough. I cook mine by cutting two fresh garlic cloves in tiny slivers and then slicing up a bunch of fresh basil into slivers. Then I go around and around the artichoke shoving the basil and garlic down into the leaves (after I've cut the thorns and the top off of course). Then I steam it for 45 minutes and when I eat the leaves I dip them into butter. It's incredible. Any other artichoke lovers here?

I don't know...maybe my love for the artichoke at this moment is enhanced by my consumption of tequila and triple sec but's damn good.

Does anyone know how well they reheat? I cooked one tonight but my poor wife has been working from 5 am until now and beyond (currently 8:50pm) due to being on-call for pediatrics. I cooked up some mediterraneanish shrimp and pasta and this artichoke and I'm wondering if the other half of the artichoke would taste good heated up later.

brad cook
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm more of an artichoke dip kinda person
  3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I do not care for artichokes, but I do love me some roasted garlic.

5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    There's something about artichokes that make me sick.

Call me ignant, but is it a fruit or a vegetable?
  6. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    What is an Artichoke? Obviously a food, but what? You've me intrigued :eyebrow:. New food = :D

7. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I can't stand them. Unless they are Jerusalem Artichokes (which arn't really artichokes at all AFAIK).
  8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

They're veggies. I enjoy them.
  9. OK Ignant, Call me Ishmael.
  10. I just cook them with a slice of lemon tied to the top. I then make a curry/garlic dip that will leave you unable to socialize for 2 days but tastes ohh so good. Artichokes are a fun food.
  11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

They're good on pizza.
  12. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Its got nothing on massive pasta, brad :)
  13. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I've never even tried artichokes, but I do love the garlic that you put into them. Especially with garlic dip, probably like the stuff Mitchell Royce makes.

Oh man, garlic-dipped roasted garlic is so good.
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Is he the guy that makes the cars with Larry Rolls or something?

brad cook
  15. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I suppose it's possible, but not likely, seeing as how he was apparently born in 1985 in Nuremburg.

Edit: In fact, born on April 1st, 1985 in Nuremburg.
  16. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Thanks for clearing that up.

brad cook
  17. DigMe, You've got the right idea!!!!!

We love artichokes, yummmmmmmm.

My wife also makes a dipping sauce out of good balsamic vinegar, xtravirgin olive oil, oregano, basil, sea salt and pepper. If you like that kinda thing I suggest you try it next time. This is also very good on cold artichokes, so you don't have to heat them up.

"it mighta choked Arty, but it ain't gonna choke Stymie!"
  18. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I love the the taste of a good artichoke, but for me, the texture leaves much to be desired.
  19. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    4 cheese drtichoke dip... so good... i am so hungry right now...
  20. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Are you sure he was born? maybe its april fools joke:/