1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Artisan Bass Works

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnnyPARKER, Jul 11, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1405122371.555205.

Watch out for these guys at NAMM! Formerly Ansir Bass, ABW is now making active jbasses using all Aguilar electronics ... These basses GO!!!!!!! I mean really, really GO!!!!!!!

2. bigcatJC

bigcatJC

Jul 9, 2004
    I love this angled neck concept and want to try one someday.

seedokebass likes this.
  3. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Interesting. Unfortunately, on a jazz body, it looks odd enough that they are probably destined to be no more than a niche product. That is not intended to be a slight, just an observation; they may well be fantastic and the one above certainly has a beautiful top.

My opinion is that they will have better luck with their own body styles as opposed to the jazz bass bodies. But, and again, unfortunately, their body shapes are kind of odd. The Imperial isn't too bad though.

http://artisanbassworks.com/instruments/standard-instruments/imperial

4. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    I didn't even notice until I read your comment hahaha

5. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    I own two of them and have abandoned all others except my Musicman.

IMG_2145. IMG_2003.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  6. Fenders have been my workhorses, I have an MTD and a Warrior. The angled neck is not for novelty. Is for function and let me tell you-It minimizes player fatigue. It corrects for injuries that can be caused by repetitive motion. To play these basses are to love them...

7. bigcatJC

bigcatJC

Jul 9, 2004
    I mostly play seated, and the angled neck looks like it would move the neck into the classical gtr position I like, while still being balanced in the lap. Gotta try one someday! How are their necks? Jazz-like, P-like?

8. The necks are fast and the basses are totally custom- so if you want a jazz or a p-neck-it's ALL good!!!!!