1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Artists who fell off the face of the Earth after huge popularity.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by two fingers, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you have to write something nasty and sarcastic instead of having a friendly discussion.

Have a nice day, buddy.

Mike Whitfield likes this.
  2. jimmykicker

jimmykicker

Apr 13, 2010
    McCalla, AL
    Umm....man...that was like...a joke? You know...like where someone says something "funny" and you say haha? Like "a priest, a hitman and a cat walk into a bar...". That kinda thing... Wasn't anything "unfriendly" about it.

Let me see if I can explain it....MTV doesn't play music videos or really have anything to do whatsoever with music anymore. You see it's ironic...you know "M" TV..."music" television....? You see...irony! Joke. Ha ha..

Chill man...seriously. It was a JOKE....I forgot in this day and age you can't tell those without people getting getting all freaked out and offended...

Have a nice day....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  3. rollie 55

rollie 55

Oct 1, 2018
    lost in space
    Sea sick Steve was big in early 2000,s

4. Damorand

Damorand

Oct 27, 2019
    Ascot UK
    Then he moved over to the UK and started appearing on game shows with his cigar box guitars... You can have him back any time..

Novarocker and Mike Whitfield like this.
  5. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Terence Trent D'Arby

6. basspedaler

basspedaler Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Wiltson!-NC
    DMB played 51 dates last year for 625,000+ fans and grossed over $50 million. The jam band scene in general is doing pretty darn good these days. Some of the groups like Tauk, Goose, and Disco Biscuits play mostly theaters to crowds of a few hundred. Umphries Mcgee is doing larger venues in some areas, Red Rocks for one. They all do festivals and stuff too which gets them good exposure. I will probably see all these bands in Raleigh this year.. Keep jammin'!

fauxtoe likes this.
  7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    The Wallflowers

8. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I noticed that too, and like many people I got into them first because of Throwing Copper and only then listened to the earlier stuff. I'm a funk player by nature, but what he was doing on that first album didn't work well in context and it was good that he dialed it back.

jerry likes this.
  9. Novarocker and stringthrough like this.
  10. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Well, there’s years between when they crank out albums/tours, but here’s their May 2017 show at Pasadena’s Rose Bowl(Lumineers on stage opening).
    upload_2020-1-15_20-51-47.jpeg

11. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Fine Young Cannibals, in particular vocalist Roland Gift, what a great voice. Just vanished, did a bit of acting, and in 2013 did a UK tour with Jools Holland, but that’s it.

Damorand likes this.
  12. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Live were also one of those bands like U2 that grew up together drank the same water etc, I think that added to their cohesion, not some band put together by their record company or producer. As you can tell, I really dug that band.;):)

13. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    GA
    Sixpence None The Richer
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones

14. Interesting info! My take on him was admittedly from a very superficial US pop culture standpoint.

15. jamro217

jamro217 Supporting Member

Christopher Cross
    Boston
    Jim Stafford

two fingers likes this.
  16. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    What are Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart doing these days?

Decomposing.

17. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Black Sabbath.:woot:

18. I saw that. He/They lead the fan voting by A LOT so I thought they were a shoe-in. Displaced by a guy who made maybe 2 albums that weren't even rock. I really don't know why I bother paying attention

Mike Whitfield and Richland123 like this.
  19. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Bruce Hornsby & The Range

20. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band