Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ary 500 German Style

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by xqusemuah, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Anybody have any comments on this bow? I am a long time fretless player but a new player in my first year of URB ( I love it) I have a crap french bow that a friend gave me and I would like something decent to get me to the next level. I really like the feel of the German bow. I sem to be more connected to the instrument.I play mostly Jazz/Hybrid style and would like to develop more arco

2. Orange County....in Lemurs back yard. They have a great inventory of bows in everey cost range.

3. Exactly, that is where I played it. Also where I got my bass. Any details?

4. Tele295

Tele295

Jan 8, 2002
    Ventura, CA
    I've been using an Ary 400 (German) for the last 2 1/2 years. While I wouldn't call myself an "orchestra professional", I play a lot. The Ary has served me well, and has received compliments from the other bassists in my section, some of whom paid a lot more than Lemur charges for the Ary.

I would highly recommend them.

5. Hey thanks for the info.

6. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    I tried the Ary 500 with a Durrschmidt and a Seifert in the same price range (all German) from Lemur, who are wonderful to work with from a distance. I settled for the Durrschmidt, but the Ary was a nice bow to look at...