Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

As a teenager, this makes me sick

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Smokey, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Part One

Part Two

I can't believe this place exists. Oh, actually I can. Reminds of 1984. I feel like I need to spread this around.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ah yeah, were loving thing like this in England at the moment.

Stupid idea IMO. Although, trust me, some of the chav's here need it :E!!

3. a buddy of mine went to a place like that. he had all sorts of problems with heroin, and whoring, and all sorts of wonderful stuff. he was the first guy in history to swim off the island without getting attacked by a shark.

4. Read some of the reasons why parents send their kids there. Whatever happened to "bad parenting"? BTW, addiction should be cured through rehab; not daily beatings and boot camp enviroment.

5. it was boot camp+beatings+rehab+sharks

dave was a tough little junkie.

6. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    HAHAHA

Sometimes I think kids need a kicking of the ass. I hear stories at school form people that go along the lines of "my mom was gonna hit me so I punched her" or something along the lines. I usually hear stuff like that from girls. If my mom or dad was gonna hit me, I'd just take it, and later realise what I've done was wrong, so I could never do it again, or atleast try not to.

7. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Ahh yes, I've read about that before. I think it's completely f-ed up. If brainwashing is the best recourse for behavioral problems then you should just stick your kid in front of the TV like everyone else. Save yourself some money...

8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Yeah I don't believe what the article is talking about. I just think parents should discipline their children when necessary.

9. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    When I first read the articles, I honestly thought it was some kind of joke or satire. Then, I did a google search:(:

http://www.tranquilitybay.org/

It's sick that they do this to kids. It just goes to show how lazy and ignorant a lot of parents are these days.

10. bah.
    you can't always blame the parents. sometimes a kid is just an idiot, no matter what a parent does. i could understand some people taking a serious look at something like this as a last resort.

11. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    ^ I agree. But it really should be used as a LAST resort, and from the articles I've read in the past it doesn't seem like that is the case for a lot of kids that are sent there.

12. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Oh yeah, I saw this article probably last year. Sounds like a barrel of monkeys.

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I wonder how much proof they require that person actually is 18? Or legally someones kid? :smug:

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Don't be a delinquent and you'll never have to worry about it.

15. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Amen!

16. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    +2

17. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Cool. I'd like to see a lot of the people I went to school with go there.

18. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Why don't you suck the personality right out of your child. That's what those places do. That is a cleverly advertised, sick violation of human rights. They will put them on weird drugs and brainwash them with self-questioning bull$#&%. I'm not for shooting kids at school, but look at the parents of those kids. There is the problem. I bet they're warped wackos. Conservative and well-spoken on the outside, insecure, indecisive and loopy on the inside. So they wuss out and send thier kids to the Nazi..er....um.....reform school because they are too lazy and busy with their own selfish self -encompassed lives that they need someone else to intervene with modern witchcraft. That sucks and is absolutely worthless. Sorry for the wordy post.

19. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Do they assign numbers like in the Prisoner.... That would be cool!

20. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    it costs less than my school :p

though my school has better uniforms.