Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

as any one heard of this

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pinkfloyd16, Dec 22, 2000.

1. pinkfloyd16

pinkfloyd16

Oct 25, 2000
    as anyone heard of this brand samick basses i own one its not bad for $250 but i never seen it around or mentioned i like but i just wanted to get ther peoples opinion on it

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Samick happens to be one of the largest brands of musical instruments in the world (according to their adverts). Half of the world's guitars that are made every year come from the Samick factory (although I'm not sure if every instrument has the name "Samick"... again according to their adverts).

They are actually quite bad, if you ask me. I have an acoustic Samick guitar, and well, it was so darn cheap I shouldn't complain. I have played some Samick basses, and you can do better for the money, if you look around.

If you're lucky, you could find a great piece of Samick. However, I doubt it, I have not seen one. The place where I used to live had one music store nearby, which carried a lot of Samicks, so I have played a lot of them.

If you're happy with your Samick, that's good for you. I would not have been happy with another Samick in my arms.

My two cents.

[Edited by Oysterman on 12-22-2000 at 03:47 AM]

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Actually they do make lots of instruments, and they sell by other brand names, like Tobias(Read Toby), Ibanez,Epiphone, and many brand names that spot the "Made In Korea" label.

There are several factories in Korea, but the biggest are Cor-Tek (They make Cort intruments, Ibanez,Mighty Mite, etc) and Samick Factory.

They make their own designs and also manufacture the designs of their contactors.

4. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I guess you learn something new every day! I had no Idea, I was going to get a cort curbow frettless and while searching I tryied a samick .. it didn't say much to me. I finally opted form Yams TRB5IIF great big bass.