As bad as MTV, I have to commend them on their "True Life" series

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Sep 12, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I've always enjoyed this documentary series. I've always felt that it's given a true and unbiased look on whatever the topic was. (Which is saying alot, since MTV tries to play "The cool, older brother" to the public) I would have to say that my favorite episode so far is the one on street racing. The episode dealing with Oxycontin was also very informative. Espcially since a know alot of people that take Oxy, but I've never known very much about the drug.

What are your thoughts?
  2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I like the show. It is pretty informative at times. But it also shows how bad humans can be.
  3. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    I like the one a few years ago about Runaways and how they live near the trainstations and how its like a "club". I also liked the one on bullying. It shows some good reasons why kids get bullied and why kids are bullies.
  4. I have an acquaintance who's a furry. He didn't like the True Life on furries, probably because it made them look more than a little ridiculous.
  5. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Hey if its not too personal to ask, what kind of furry is he?(animal wise) my cousins friend was into that too.
  6. Wolf, if memory serves. Nothing too out there.

He's gay, too, but I'd imagine that it's a fetish that cuts across all sexual orientations equally.

The guy lived in Tokyo--that is, the world capital of fetishism--for two years. I think that's where and when he got into it.
  7. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Actually, Peter, it wasn't True Life that had the furry episode, I believe it was MTV's Sex2k series that talked about furries.
  8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Someone please fill me in, but is a furrie? I did a search and was people that were into roger rabbit!
  9. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    A furry is someone who enjoys having sex while dressed up in an animal custom.
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was glued to "I'm a Little Person," great one.

11. I liked that one alot as well. I though it was hilarious when Weeman was like (not exact words) "People come up to me and say "are you gonna die soon because you're a midget?" and i say "Midgets never die"
  12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    the breast implant one was CRAZY. it totally turned me against obviously fake boobs. but ti think the worst was the reduction! OMG:eek:
  13. It's nothing to be scared about--what's scary is how many women are willing to go through life with major spinal problems for the sake of having big boobs. Sadly, my mother falls into that category... :rolleyes: