Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

As I am sitting here sharpening my knives...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I begin to wonder about fellow TB'ers arsenals.

In my house, we have we have over 10 firearms. A few .22s, a .44, a 30-06 (or 2), a .44 rifle, a few shot guns... I'm not sure what else. But there is quite a bit.

Me personally, I have a standard marine issue KABAR WWII fighting knife which is about 8 inches... A Smith&Wesson boot knife which is about 7 or 8 inches.

I also have a a .22 rifle with a custom made stock, ruger mechanics, and a simmons scope.
    --------------------------------------------

So, what do you got?

PS: If you are just going to say that people should not have weapons or something like that, please do not respond so that the people who do like to have weapons for recreation or whatever purpose may discuss them without any problems.

Thanks.

2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    boxcutter, screwdriver, and a fork.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Got a funny feelin' that this ain't gonna last long.

I have a rolling pin, a frying pan, a hammer, a .40 s&w, a 12 gauge and some pretty, pretty flowers.

brad cook

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My hands are registered as lethal weapons.

5. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I remember a thread like this before, and it turned into a huge debate.

Anyway, I own a Mossberg model 9200 semi-auto 12 guage that I use for skeet and the occaisional [unsuccessful] bird hunting trip.

6. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Yeah, me too, I'm a rainbow belt level 22, I just thought I'd let you know

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Personally, I've never been one for guns, but I've always thought that if I were to have a lethal weapon, the one that appeals to me most would be throwing knives...I don't know why, but throwing knives and tack stars and stuff like that, I've always liked that stuff.

at anyrate, Mike's post reminded me of a friend of mine who had the same KABAR knife, and he accidentally left it somewhere and I picked it up to give to him(he's really forgetful) being the lazy sap I am I gave the knife to a friend of ours who jams with this cat after schools, and said "don't forget to give the knife back to erik!"
    he forgot, leaving the knife unchecked at the soccer field, then later a clepto/knife collector came by and snatched it up, I knew she took it because she has a sick thing for knives and had been eyeing the KABAR for quite sometime, but she was also somewhat of a clepto because she would take things, put them in her room, not mention them to anyone, and offer to help whoever lost whatever it was(that way no one would suspect her) at anyrate, she never fessed up to anything, and the knife is now gone.

fortunately my friend had got it for free, so he didn't mind losing it, he's not particularly a big knife guy anyway.

that's my story:meh:

8. otomak

otomak

Aug 23, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I dont have any real weapons, but am a knife enthusiast. I think they make great tools and perhaps could save a life or two in certain situations. Current EDC is a BM mini grip and a small Wegner SAK. I would, perhaps someday, own or collect pistols and revolvers, but for now replica airsoft is good enough.

Hey, Mike have you been to bladeforums.com? Thats a great place to hang around as well. btw, is it ok to post links to other forums here? Just to make sure.

Mak

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Some kitchen knives, a hammer, a box cutter, some screwdrivers, scissors.

I'm armed and dangerous...

10. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Goodness gracious...

I've got no real weapons in the house - and even the kitchen knives aren't that sharp.

11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA

:D

12. I have a scissors, a really sharp ball-point pen and a stapler.
    I think guns are wrong - I know you didn't ask for a debate on this, but that's my opinion, and you're always asking for it with posts like this.

BTW, why do you need all those guns? I've heard America's a dangerous place, but surely no more dangerous than Adelaide.

13. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well, I've got a .22 air rifle that could give you a nasty smack ......actually I could probably do more damage clubbing you with the butt....

I have a cheapo chinese copy of the swiss army knife - it has humbrol paint all over the blade from my model building days!

And due to all of the karate lessons I've had, my bare feet are lethal weapons.....I just hope that if I get into a fight I can get my socks and shoes off..........:D

14. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I have got 2 4-10's for shootin' snakes, 20 gauge and 12 gauge shotguns, 2 .22 rifles, a .44 S&W and a .50 Desert Eagle. Strangely enough I don't have anything knifewise except a few pocket knives.

I only keep the pistols at my house, the rest are at my ranch.

15. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    WHY? What pleasure can you possibly get from 'shooting snakes'?

16. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Ditto, except sharp kitchen knives are essential. Cooking isn't fun when the knives are not top-notch.

17. I'm armed with extemely sharp wit! :rolleyes: :D

Go away, ya bother me. :p

Mike

18. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Cooking isn't fun full-stop :D

But even less fun with really sharp knives - I don't feel comfortable with sharp knives, I'd really rather not use them.

19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well.. you could be "relieved" that they are subsequently not going to bite you and cause premature death!! :eek: