As if a million voices cried out in terror...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by ZuluFunk, Feb 12, 2006.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    and told me to stop playing.

For the first time ever, I played DB in front of someone other than my kids and wife (not counting a few lessons I had to get me rolling).

It was a rockabilly rehearsal...I never told them that I'd only had a DB for under a year...I never told them that I had no clue about rockabilly slap until about two months ago.

I made the best of it.

The tunes were all pretty simple, as rockabilly tends to be. I tried to relax and not to slap too much and avoid cramping up. I guess it was unavoidable. I really had a hard time with my endurance. They kicked a few tunes into overdrive. I tried not to panic. I was haning on for dear life.

"Let's do Folsom Prison." Nice, I can lay back a bit. Not so hairy.

GEE WHIZ...what is this, the MinuteMen version.

I need a breath.

It was so much fun. The guys were very cool. I hope there is more of that rush to come. It's like starting all over again.
  2. Looks like I've got alot to look forward first DB is shipping right now and I'm going for rockabilly...

Sadly nobody around here is into it, <10 people out of 4,000 at my school know what rockabilly is, and none of them are accomplished instrumentalists...I'm all alone. Time to branch out.

Good luck with the rest of your jams!