As if we didn't know already..USPS stinks.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Morgan, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I priority mailed my Iamp800 (insured) back to EA for a tune up TWO WEEKS ago and EA hasn't seen it. I now have to go to the post office and start the "tracking" process.
    Meanwhile I have a show coming up and no amp.
    This is going to be a fun couple of days I'm sure.
    All shipping companies stink and I'm going to find a local repair place from now on. I don't care if it costs money to fix my amp. It can't cost as much as having to buy a new one.
    Just thought I'd vent a little.
  2. Oh man, that stinks. Priority is supposed to be three days.

Good luck with tracking you amp. I hope everything works out for the best.
  3. DHL is not that bad.
  4. If you're lucky, maybe one of the repair shops in your area might be an "authorized" repair for your brand. Good luck, and I hope the amp show up!
  5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool: My only UPS advice.
    over-insure anything you ship UPS.
  6. I don't know if that will "work" or not.

I can't speak for USPS or UPS, but I do know FedEx's policy on "insurance". First - it's not insurance - it's a declared value.

If you paid $800 for your amp, AND you pay the additional fee to declare that value - and the amp is lost or damaged, they will reimburse you for the amp up to $800, provided you can prove that's it's worth that amount (and meet all other criteria).

But if you say it's worth $1200 and then show up with a receipt for $800, you're only getting $800 max.
  7. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Good news. The beloved USPS found my amp and it's in New Jersey. EA is going to pick it up and take care of it.
    The guys at EA rule.
    I'm just glad my amp didn't disappear into the black hole that is the U.S. Postal Service.