1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD As new, Stingray 4, double humbucker

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cheezewiz, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Fellas...Pat needs a five string for his current band. I'm doing mostly oldies, but a lot of stuff in lowered keys since we are such old farts, and I'm having to change a lot of basslines around because of not having that low C#, D, and Eflat available.

Consequently, my brand new stingray 4 HH must go.

This bass is almost brand new. I bought it from Dude/Jack a few months ago, and it's been to a few rehearsals and two gigs. It's still in pristine condition. (My DJ still gets the majority of my playing time). If you were looking to obtain one of the new double humbucker rays, you can get one in brand new condition, for a few hundred less than a new one.

The bass is black, with a black guard, and a rosewood board. It comes with the Musicman hardshell case.

I'm asking $1000 or best reasonable offer plus shipping. Again, this is in brand new condition, and just came out of the EB factory a few months ago.

Trades CONSIDERED (=+/- cash where applicable) for a Lakland Darryl Jones 5, Lakland Joe Osborne 5, Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5 QMT or FMT, Rumblefish 5, Lakland 55-02, Valenti 5, Stingray 5 (double pickup model ONLY). Any other jazz style fivers, run 'em by me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the second pic, any mars or flashes you see are a result of the poor photography, not any fault on the bass.

PM, or email delturco@earthlink.net

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    ALREADY!?

3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    The reason and the age of the instrument are posted, so, I guess you could say, "yes already".

4. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    DAMMIT!!! if i hadn't just given my two weeks, i'd be all over this :crying: ... just like mine, but with two p/u's... that makes it twice as good, right? ;) this won't last long...

5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Well, I hope you're right Fred! I don't know if it is "twice as good" as a single bucker stingray, but it is quite a nice bass.
    The versatility is something that's never been seen before in an EB bass. You have the "regular" stingray sound in position 1(coils 1 and 2). Coils 1 and 4 in position 2 gives you a semi "Jazz bass" sound. Position 3 (all four coils at once) is the slammin rock tone, postition 4 (coils 2 and 3) is a bit mellower of a jazz bass sound, and position 5 (coils 3 and 4), is a nice deep bucker sound.

6. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

For those of you on the fence, I played this one for quite awhile at Tom's GTG awhile back and the tonal options are amazing! Somebody snatch this up! Especially at this price! Dang I wish I had the scratch! Good luck selling Pat!

7. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    heck, i was sold just 'cuz there's another place to rest your thumb ;) i love my "classic" sr4- the construction, fit, finish and components are incredibly solid, and the simplicity of one p/u, but miss being able to rest my thumb closer to the neck- plus the well-thought out multi-coil selector's added versatility... you're really making me regret quitting my job (well, almost)... if it's still here in a month (i'm surprised it's still here now), we'll be talking...

8. RiddimKing

RiddimKing

Dec 29, 2004
    Trade for a minty Oly White (rosewood/tort) '62 Reissue Fender P?

9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Riddim..I'm selling this to buy a fiver, but thanks for the offer.

Still available guys.

10. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Evening on the East Coast bumpa.....

11. pm sent

12. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    PM back at ya CF

13. xiiix

xiiix

Mar 24, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    i just got one of these last week...amazing in my opinion...someone needs to jump on this.

14. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Thanks xiiix

Morning Bumpa

15. Sucks you have to sell this man. Played one of these fantastic basses. Someone jump on it.

bump for ya

16. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Would be willing to trade +/- cash to even values (depending on the trade) for a Lakland Darryl Jones 5, Lakland Joe Osborne 5,
    Fender Deluxe Jazz 5 QMT or FMT, possibly a Rumblefish 5, possibly a Lakland 55-02, or Valenti 5. Any other Jazz style fivers, run 'em by me. Tell me what ya got. At this point, I'm not interested in a Stingray 5 (unless it's a double pickup model, which I realize is unlikely at this point).

17. Pat,
    You have another PM. Thanks.

18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    and back to you....

19. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Monday post Holiday bump

20. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Pat
    How would you compare the tone of this bass to the Bongo H/H?
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.