1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ASAT 5 string

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by DCOOPER, Sep 11, 2008.

1. DCOOPER

DCOOPER

Jul 21, 2005
    scotland
    Hi folks.Does anyone have any info or pics on the ASAT 5?Iv only ever seen one and wonder what the story is?I know people talked about neck dive but to me thats only a problem when your sitting down and not supporting the neck ie actually playing!!

2. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

3. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Me likey!

That's the only reason I haven't seriously considered the ASAT - I'm addicted to 5!

4. DCOOPER

DCOOPER

Jul 21, 2005
    scotland
    So COOP how does she play?Is the nenk heavy isue a problem and do you know if these are still made?

5. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Not my bass. I believe it's somewhere in Germany. I don't think there are more than 2 or 3 of these in existence. To the best of my knowledge, these are not being made nor are there any plans to produce any more.

I would be willing to bet that it plays just like an L-2500.

6. vroc38

vroc38

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    That's my holy grail G&L.

7. DCOOPER

DCOOPER

Jul 21, 2005
    scotland
    I know the bass player in Tom Jones' band has an ASAT 5 in a sparkle finish and it looks fantastic!!