1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ASAT Finish Questions and Opinions

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by twany03, Dec 15, 2006.

1. twany03

twany03

May 28, 2006
    Hello,

I relly want to buy a G&L ASAT bass. I have tried it at a music store and loved the tone I got from it. I have a couple questions though:

1. How do I go about ordering a G&L bass?
    2. What options are available when I order?
    3. How much do the different types of finishes cost and the gun oil tint on the neck?
    4. What case comes with the G&L?
    5. How long do they take to be built?
    6. What would be the price for a standard ASAT bass with no options?

I'm stuck between black (sexy), belair green (retro and cool), white (classy), and vintage white or butterscotch blonde (vintage looking). What finsih would you pick?

Thanks for your help.

2. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

Go to G&L's site http://www.glguitars.com/frameset.htm and click on options for options (major option is the ablity to order 4 different neck profiles). The US models all include a hardshell case. I would guess around $1200 to $1300 new. Not sure on the time but I recently saw this and it looks great to me:

[​IMG]

3. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    The music store where you tried one won't order one for you? :confused:

The domestic G&Ls come with a nice molded plastic case. A decent case, but no comparison to my Modulus' factory case. It's a 5-year case in moderate touring duties.

As far as the wait goes, back in '93 I custom-ordered my SB-2 and was quoted 8 weeks. It arrived in exactly 8 weeks. Well worth the wait.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member