1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ASAT regular vs Semi Hollow

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Kompressaur, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Kompressaur

Kompressaur

Aug 21, 2006
    is there much of a difference tonally between these 2 bad boys plugged in? I had a go at the search function and couldnt see what I was looking for.

anyway I've been offered a 2001 cherryburst semi hollow with f-hole in a deal for my Bongo and the trade takes place later today.I already have a regular ASAT which I have a serious soft spot for, but will a semi hollow bring anything new to the table?

I'm still going to do the deal cos these basses are just flat out cool in ways that the Bongo is not,I'm just inquisitive as the clock ticks down on new bass day!

pics when home:D

thanks

Komp

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I have the HB with f hole. I have never played the solid body version so I don't know if there is a tonal difference. All I know is that the HB just looks cool! :p

ASAT1.

3. vroc38

vroc38

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    I have both. I don't notice much difference in amplified tone between the two. The MFD tone pretty much dominates. You could probably strap a pair of MFDs to a 2 by 4 and they would sound great.

I'm with Freddels, I love the way the SHB looks, but I also love the looks of my black solidbody ASAT, and they both sound and play great. They are both definitely keepers.