1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ASAT sh vs L-2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RiffwRiter, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RiffwRiter

RiffwRiter

Aug 23, 2016
    If I'm comparing g&l basses to decide between ordering an L-2000 or ASAT does the semi-hollow ASAT sound very different from the L2K? I would like lighter weight, but not sure I'd want to accept a compromise on sound.

2. I don't think it would be a major difference. Whatever the semi-hollow body of the ASAT brings would IMO be "over-ruled" by the powerful electronics package that both basses have in common.

Old Blastard and RiffwRiter like this.
  3. TDR1138

TDR1138

Apr 11, 2007
    Section 204
  4. RiffwRiter

RiffwRiter

Aug 23, 2016
    Ok. I found a s/h ASAT this afternoon at a store. It wasn't much lighter than an L2K.

I kinda like the 2 strap buttons on the bottom bout. I think it would mitigate any neck dive, but I don't think it's light enough to much alter the balance..
    I ordered an L2K with clear blue finish and gloss maple neck. Looking forward to posting photos when it arrives.

Torrente Cro and Old Blastard like this.
  5. Asat77

Asat77

Apr 29, 2015
    Those are differend basses. They do sound different and the playability is different and the weight & balance too but they are both great basses. My asat bass has a thicker/fatter tone than my L2000.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

G&L's tend to run on the heavier side. I haven't found the semi hollow version of the ASAT to be much lighter than the solid body.

Overall, I think the ASAT looks cooler.

RiffwRiter likes this.