Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashamed of my youth???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Ok I am 21 years old. I am starting to notice a trend. It sems most people I see on here seem to have these ideas that their way is the correct way. if you dont agree with thier ideas then (insert obsenity here) you. Not only am I seeing this on talkbass. I am seeing this in eveyday life. Albiet not as much. I am wondering is this normal for for all generations? Or is this some kind of degrading society trait that we are bering witness to?

2. Ciaran

Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    Ireland
    Yeah,there's a lot of people like that....you just have to be someone who isn't like that and HOPE others follow your example.

Although, I see more in everyday life than I do at Talkbass.

And if you don't agree with me ...**** you!!

3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Ah,the irony!

I had that attitude towards music before I played bass.I don't know why but since I started to play I've started to like...and even appreciate different kinds of music.

4. The older you get, the more you realize how much there is to know. It's a function of age and experiences (good and bad). Some of the hyperbole that you see may be a function of the younger demographics that forums tend to attract for a variety of reasons.

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

<em>I am wondering is this normal for for all generations? Or is this some kind of degrading society trait that we are bering witness to?</em>

I blame Rush Limbaugh. :D