Ashbory (Guild/DeArmond/Fender) Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TolerancEJ, Mar 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Ashbory08

Ashbory08

Mar 25, 2020

2. Ashbory08

Ashbory08

Mar 25, 2020
    Thanks btw I'm looking for a guild ashbory for sale and original de armond silicone strings

TolerancEJ likes this.
  3. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    High there.
    Original DeArmond silicone strings are a little scare. The Fenders are the original strings. Possibly on Ebay. The original Ashbory strings are extinct.

4. farace

farace Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    The original Guild strings were so much better than the reissue Fender/DeArmond, to my ears. They also looked a little different, a little more clear in appearance, and perhaps not coincidentally the tone was clearer. The Fenders seemed indistinct in comparison.

chadds likes this.
  5. Ashbory08

Ashbory08

Mar 25, 2020
    Farace that's true the fender ones don't have the best sound the guild/dearmond ones I have only tried once and loved the tone if anyone finds and could you please post a link here thanks

6. Ashbory08

Ashbory08

Mar 25, 2020
    And also I'm trying to see if I can make silicone strings for the ashbory but that don't snap as much it is still a work in progress though. It works well I've only got the e finished It stays in tune well. It looks like the standard ashbory bass string but it is much more sturdy it fits on well the e string took me 2 weeks to make so I'm not sure about the ADG strings though but I'll keep you guys updated

chadds likes this.
  7. farace

farace Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    I used to call Guild when they were still in Westerly, Rhode Island to get the strings. I now have some friends and connections in Westerly (including a couple former Guild employees), and I'm starting to wonder if there is any way to find out where they sourced the strings. Maybe a friend knows a friend who knows.

I am one of those that is happy with the Aquila Thundergut strings. They have a different tone, but still good, are nowhere near as sticky, and far, far more durable.

8. Ashbory08

Ashbory08

Mar 25, 2020
    I'm also really happy with the aquila thundergut strings but I miss the tone of the silicone ones but I don't use them because they snap so much. That's the main reason why I'm trying to make these new and more sturdy silicone strings

9. Ashbory08

Ashbory08

Mar 25, 2020
    Hi does anyone have a ashbory for sale looking for it to be in good condition any brand must include gig bag. Pm me if anyone has one for sale.thanks

10. connected2aj

connected2aj

Jun 5, 2008
    Passaic County, NJ
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Godlyke, Hartke, Hipshot, & AMT Electronics
    Hey guys. I've had a Guild for a while now, but unfortunately one of the tabs on the bridge snapped off when I was restringing it. I was wondering if anyone has ever had that happen to them, and if so, what was the remedy? I don't know if glue will get the job done.

11. farace

farace Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    I don’t know what the bridge is made from, whether it is plastic or some sort of glass-filled resin or what, but for plastics in general I’ve had great success with a product called Plastex. It’s not an adhesive, rather it’s a plastic powder and a solvent that when used according to the instructions actually becomes a part of the object being repaired. The Ashbory bridge might not actually be a plastic, though. As for adhesives (again this will depend on what the object is made from) I had good luck with a glue called Plastic Surgery. Not as good as Plastex, though.

12. syntap

syntap

Dec 7, 2020
    Hello all, can I get a number? Ashbory on the far right (and Ashbory case up top!). I saw someone on BassChat was selling one and didn't think to look for an Ashbory forum here until then.

Attached Files:

TolerancEJ likes this.
  13. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Welcome!
    I have played them since early 90s. Gig them. They are a professional instrument to me. When invited to studio sessions the Ashbory will be requested. Enjoy yours!

14. #38 syntap Sorry about the wait. Here you go.

15. #1 TolerancEJ
    #2 Kaiuk
    #3 RobJ
    #4 scotch
    #5 makz
    #6 DanAleks
    #7 RonSound
    #8 mongo2
    #9 jags
    #10 froovs
    #11 Luv2Pla4U
    #12 uomocane
    #13 Jazzbassman23
    #14 spigmu
    #15 C20Dog
    #16 djetz
    #17 Benjamin Strange
    #18 chadds
    #19 Flashback Bass
    #20 Farmerboymusic
    #21 nancyr
    #22 widerberg
    #23 heymelbs
    #24 Plainman
    #25 BobRussell
    #26 Bowe
    #27 RockNRollAl
    #28 c10
    #29 themensch
    #30 charl39
    #31 filobanks
    #32 farace
    #33 AshboryWarrior
    #34 IntelligentWail
    #35 terribletee56
    #36 JTE
    #37 Ashbory08
    #38 syntap

16. syntap

syntap

Dec 7, 2020
    Hardly a wait at all, thank you!

TolerancEJ likes this.
  17. nancyr

nancyr

Nov 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Just acquired my second Ashbory. This way I can alternate between two types of strings, which changes the sound substantially.

syntap, chadds and TolerancEJ like this.
  18. DarrenSW

DarrenSW

Apr 30, 2021
    Can I get a number please? Fender/DeArmond with The Beatles Yellow Submarine (Paul, natch) D’Addario strap :)

Attached Files:

TolerancEJ likes this.
  19. #39 @DarrenSW Sorry about the delay. Here you go!

DarrenSW likes this.
  20. #1 TolerancEJ
    #2 Kaiuk
    #3 RobJ
    #4 scotch
    #5 makz
    #6 DanAleks
    #7 RonSound
    #8 mongo2
    #9 jags
    #10 froovs
    #11 Luv2Pla4U
    #12 uomocane
    #13 Jazzbassman23
    #14 spigmu
    #15 C20Dog
    #16 djetz
    #17 Benjamin Strange
    #18 chadds
    #19 Flashback Bass
    #20 Farmerboymusic
    #21 nancyr
    #22 widerberg
    #23 heymelbs
    #24 Plainman
    #25 BobRussell
    #26 Bowe
    #27 RockNRollAl
    #28 c10
    #29 themensch
    #30 charl39
    #31 filobanks
    #32 farace
    #33 AshboryWarrior
    #34 IntelligentWail
    #35 terribletee56
    #36 JTE
    #37 Ashbory08
    #38 syntap
    #39 DarrenSW

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021