1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown 210t-300 + Fender Precision bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DrKagemusha, Mar 5, 2008.

1. DrKagemusha

DrKagemusha

Jan 14, 2008
    First of all, this is my first post. yeah!

Second of all, i'll make a lot of mistakes because I'm french;

And for third, in the last scene of Dune I would have change Paul Atreides line with:«Give the Harkonnen a bass....»

Here's the thing, I just bought a Ashdown Mag300 and there's a couple of thing i'm not familliar with:

1.There's an Imput and Output level. How does it work. Should I turn Output to max and then increase the Input? That's just something I heard from someone else. I don't really like that;

2.I think I understand how the VU meter work but i'd like to know to use it properly;

3.I'm not really good with Eq and i'd like the use the full potential of my gear. There's a five knobs EQ on the Ashdown and a Bright and Deep button and I'm using a PBass. I like to play everything (Jazz, Blues, Rock, R&B, Funk, Reggea...). Suggestions on how to set my gear to match those styles?;

4.I found out that with the Ashdown when I'm turning the bass knob on the EQ at hight volume i'm loosing lot's of clarity. I thought about resolving the problem with a Compressor or Preamp (I can buy a Boss GEB-7 or LMB-3 from a friend). Any Helps?;

5.Sould i use my Line 6 DL4 or other effects plugged in the Effects Send - Return or between my Fender and amp?

Thanks for you're help.