Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown 410 + 210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vintageampeg, May 20, 2005.

1. vintageampeg

vintageampeg Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Thinking of pairing up an Ashdown Mag 410T with a Mag 210T as my primary rig. Also considering the Mag 300H head to power it.

Just curious if anyone has this setup. I like the thought of a modular 6x10 rig... everybody and his brother seems to think the the 1x15 + 410 thing is the ultimate, but... I dunno.

-OSF

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Sounds good but you might want to look at the more powerful 575w head they do.

http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=140

Looks cooler IMHO.

Lots of companies make 6x10's so i don't see a problem and you have a great setup then

Small Gigs - 2 x 10
    Medium gigs - 4 x 10
    Large gig - 2 x 10 + 4 x 10

Should be awesome :bassist:

3. I pair up an Eden D410XLT with a 210XLT as my modular 6x10 configuration. It totally rocks! I usually keep one horn at about 12:00 and dim one. I use a Mesa 400+ and both cabs are 4 ohm. Being a tube amp it puts out the same watts into 2-8 ohm loads. With a solid state mono head you might want to give that a little more thought though, like maybe an 8 ohm 2x10/4 ohm 4x10.

The Eden pair sounds great a goes really LOUD. It's easy to move and provides flexibility for different venues/practice. I'm sure the Ashdown pair would provide similar results.