1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown 5:15 minirig -- where can I get one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Mar 23, 2010.

1. I just got a new amp, an Eden 300T, and it really has a great tone. However, it is really loud and I can't bring it upstairs to play because it's downstairs (don't argue with me on that haha my downstairs is my studio). So I started looking for a small setup for living room practice. I figured since I like ashdown, maybe I should see what they have to offer--I see they have the 5:15 minirig, and I thought that looked pretty cool!

http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=223

[​IMG]

any idea of price or where I could find one for a decent price? or would I be better off getting an accoustic minirig (price is right) or that ampeg minirig (looks awesome!)

2. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    I think it looks pretty nifty.

If its new to the market, then i'd wait, while the inevitable production flaws are ironed out. :)

3. is it new? i haven't kept up with amps in the last few months

4. if you can get your hands on the original mini rig, its alot better in my opinion. it's pretty much the same head but with 2 separate 10" cabs and they put out a great tone. I got one as my first bass amp and i still use it as a bedroom amp.

5. ive had that same head for about 4 years without problems. mine's from the original ashdown mini rig (2 separate 10" cabs) which i still use as a practice amp. i very much recommend it. nice and simple, with a lovely warm tone. i prefer the original to the new mini rig.... the two cabs looks alot better. not sure if you guys over the pond got it though.

6. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I like Ashdown but boy are they hard to get in touch with....

7. im actually looking forward to this as a kinda amp that doesnt weigh as much as me

plus if i do want a bit of extra ommph then ill use the cab from that with my 1x15 ashdown and my bassman (if that cab runs at 8 ohms)

but it defo looks easyer to carry than my rig

8. ok just check around

there going to be around 200 uk money

so for the americans its gonna be about 280-330

9. mizzou541

mizzou541 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    Yeah that's the only one I've found. Keep your fingers crossed that the site is kept up to date :)

10. ive had a look at the head ive got and on the front it says 60 (unlike the newer 100w) but i know inside the transformer inside are labeled five fifteen (100w)... so i'm guessing theres some trickery to lower the output but its the same basic setup. may have something to do with each cab is rated at 16 ohms. speaker output labeled min 8 ohms. just thought i'd throw up some info for ya.

11. other than wattage, are the two heads roughly identical as far as controls go? they appear very similar

12. the two faceplates are identical... but on further inspection the newer head looks slightly bigger in that it sits flush with the (larger) 2x10 cab and it also looks a tad taller. otherwise they look identical.

13. i wonder if the dimensions look different because the new one is a 2x8 cab

14. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Have you e-mailed customer support from their main web site? I've had great response from them.

15. Hey - mine's for sale:- http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78791
    Might cost a bit to ship across the pond tho!
    I can tell you the cab is definitely 2x10" 8 Ohm & it's a great little practice setup. They say it will cope with small gigs, maybe - haven't tried.
    Cheers,
    John

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020