Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown 500 - clicking sound

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dirk, Jan 6, 2006.

1. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    So I got my Ashdown ABM 500RC and started playing it yesterday. after about 30 minutes of playing the amp began to make a clicking sound and the sound of my bass would cut in and out. I've already been on the phone to bass central and with someone from Ashdown and we're working on it, but I just thought I would post this to see if anyone else has had a similar problem with their Ashdown or any other amp, and if anyone could offer some advice on what this problem might be. Thanks for anyone's help.

Dirk

2. Sounds like a output protection relay activating (don't know if Ashdown uses that in their design but that would explain the clicking and cutting out of the sound). What are you hooking up to it speaker wise? If your load is too small (lower than 4 ohms), that would overload the amp and potentially cause a shutdown. Pure speculation though.

3. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    I forgot to mention I'm running through the bohemoth Ampeg 810, so it's a 4 ohm load.