1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown 575 + 575-Watt Klystron 1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joe minder, Apr 20, 2009.

1. joe minder

joe minder

Apr 20, 2009
  2. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    One 4 ohm cab per side would be fine. Each 575 watt power section can handle 4 ohms.

3. joe minder

joe minder

Apr 20, 2009
    if this were put this through say one ashdown neo 414 cab or an ampeg 810, would you connect just one speakon cable? or should you connect one from the left and right side? will using only one side of the head be a bad thing?

4. joe minder

joe minder

Apr 20, 2009
    bump

5. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Using only one side will not be a bad thing, but the only way you could use that amp with only one cab. The amp is not bridgeable, and connecting both sides (two amps) into one cab is a no-no.

If you're planning to use only one cab, the Klystron 500 will do exactly the same job.

6. joe minder

joe minder

Apr 20, 2009
    i wanted to buy two cabs for this amp neo 414 and neo 115. so for some shows i could use both cabs and for others i could take one...this would not damage the amp leaving one side open? im so worried about leaving one side open because of the tubes. i currently own an ampeg svt 810 cab. so i could but the left and the right side into this if i use it in stereo mode.

what would be the best way to cab situation for this head? ive wanted this head for a long time and i just want to buy it and never have to buy another one again.

7. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Leaving one side open is no problem. As for tubes, afaik the Klystron has preamp tubes and a SS power section (or two!).

8. I believe if you have an Ampeg 810E you would be able to run each side of the Ashdown head into each input on the cabinet. Each 410 pair of the Ampeg would be 8ohms thereby only giving you approx 330 watts (+/-) per side out of the Ashdown.

I believe there is only 1 tube in the Klystron, nothing to worry about

9. joe minder

joe minder

Apr 20, 2009
    thanks for all the help. btw....how do you calculate how many watts you will have or how loud your amp will be? like say i put the left side into the ampeg 810e and the right side into an ashdown neo 410 4 ohm.... or the left side into a neo 410 4 ohm and the right into a neo 115 8 ohm. i would really like to get a neo 410 4 ohm and a neo 115 4 ohm...but would this make much of a difference from the 8 ohm?

10. Ashdown is horrible (IMO) regarding their specs for running their amps at 8ohm. Generally though, to get you in the ballpark of what wattage is power at 8 ohms is usually near or above half the wattage of running at 4 ohms. The figure in a previous post of 330 watts is around the actual wattage that the Ashdown will run at 8 ohms. It could be a little more or less.

As for running your cabs the Ampeg 810 and Ashdown 410 will get 575w per cab. In your second scenario, the Ashdown 410 will get 575, the 115 will get approx 330. Ashdown does not make (yet) a 4ohm 15" cab.