Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown A.S.S cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kevcooke, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Anyone ever played through these? Any comments on them? How do they compare to the other ABM cabs? Significantly better than the MAG cabs?

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I dunno if they're better, but they were designed specifically for John Entwistle, so you know that they're loud. Actually, rumor has it that Adam Clayton "borrowed" JE's rig (while he was still alive), and never gave it back to him he liked it so much!

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    The Ashdown catalogue says he was forced to give it back, when he got one of his own. :)

Hehehee, A.S.S. :D

4. mdbeck50

mdbeck50

Jan 30, 2006
    sussex cty, nj
    I tried one of those bins that was on loan out here. They sound good, but they are HUGE and weigh alot. The bottom bin is a "15 but it setup like a folded sub. The are 3ft square and weigh close to 180lbs.

5. ouch. :crying: \

I thought it was funny.

6. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Yeah, I'm really interested in hearing anything anyone has to say about these cabs.....

Who's out there?

7. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Hey... take it easy, brah! I thought it was clever... funny... yeah, I suppose, but definitely clever... Okay? :D

8. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses