1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown ABM 212H loaded w/ Delta 12LFA's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bthrem, Aug 30, 2008.

1. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    I picked up this used cab for $280 out the door at the GC labor day sale. I can't seem to find any info for it on the web. Anybody else got/seen one?

Took it apart and found it to be loaded with Delta 12LFA's, not the (I assume) factory blue speakers.

I've been eyeing either a Mesa PH 212 or Aguilar GS212 to stick under my Mesa M-Pulse 600 when I don't feel like lugging out my PH 1000. This guy seems to rock pretty well with the M-Pulse. It's rear ported, usually prefer front ported. Took it outside and it gets pretty darn loud. I think pre-neo Avatar's were loaded with the same speakers.

I would've like to have gotten for like $225, but I thought I'd give it a try. Anybody else ever compare a cab loaded with the 12LFA's to the Agi 212? I've got a line on one of those for about $200 more (w/cover and great shape). Think the Agi would be better?

[​IMG]

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    D12LFs have a lot more output down low than most 12s, but they also have weak mids. Crossing to a tweeter without a mid driver the resulting midrange response hole will be even wider than usual.

3. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    If, by this, you mean that you have found a GS212 in great shape, with a cover for $200 then you should definitely get it. That would be a good find at twice that price.

4. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    No, No - the Agi is $485 shipped to me.

Yes, I'd say this cab digs in down low, scooped in the mids. Is it possible the Agi would be more mid present?