1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ashdown abm-300 or gk 800rb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B String, Sep 2, 2002.

1. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    On paper these amps look similar.
    Is their power about equal in the
    real world? What's the wattage of
    the abm-300 at 8 ohms? Good amp?

2. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Nobody uses an abm 300? Perhaps
    not such a popular amp me thinks.
    I need feedback.

3. JOKERKX250

JOKERKX250

Jul 18, 2002
    USA, Maryland
    I cannot say on the ABM300 vs the other you were interested in, but I can say I have been playin out live with my ABM500 2X10 combo for many gigs...and it has kicked major butt continuously. It has tons of balls and clean tone....or dirty it up a bit with the pre-amp tube kicked in....with major sustain. I run it thru a 4x10 SVT cab usually...and its tight. I would think the 300 would suffice too...but I like the extra wattage for the end of the night stuff...lol. Try em out if ya can...thats what I would do...if possible....good luck!

4. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I just got my new ABM300 yesterday, so I had a couple of hours to mess with it last night. This thing is LOUD. I love the tone even with the EQ set flat, but with a few tweaks it really sounded great. I'm taking it to practice tonight, but my first impression is very positive. I haven't played the GK you asked about, so I can't compare. BTW, I'm playing it into an Ashdown 1 x 12 cab (the ABM mini 12T), which I also like.