Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown ABM 300 vs Boogie M-pulse 360

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zonk, Aug 18, 2001.

1. zonk

zonk

Sep 19, 2000
    Hello fellow talkbassers, Maybe some of you can help. I have a friend that works for a Bag End dealer and it seems I can swing a sweet deal on a S15-B (oiled birch) and a S12-B cabinets. When I get these I'm going to need a portable yet somewhat powerful head and I was looking at the Ashdown ABM 300 and the Boogie M-Pulse 360.
    Do any of you have any experiences with these heads or any ideas how they would pair up with the Bag Ends. I know I have to try them for myself but I am interested in your experiences and thoughts on this gear. Thanks a million:)

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi.
    I´m a proud owner of an ABM300 head :cool: . It´s the best head I´ve ever had. I´ve previously owned Ampeg SVT3 pro and SVT2 pro. Ashdown can do everything from overdriven tubesound to super clean scooped mids. There is a member on this forum that actually traded his Mesa/Boogie 400+ head for a ABM500 and he seams very happy with it. But as always try it for yourself and see what you like best.

3. zonk

zonk

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks Jock,

Does your Ashdown give you enough volume?
    Also, what speakers do you pair it up with?:)