1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown ABM 410H Cab..... Any Users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shawshank72, Jul 17, 2014.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
  2. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Anybody?

3. Fretless maniac

Fretless maniac

Jan 4, 2014
    It is the One I have. I am sorry that I can't give you any info but it is better than my old Trace Elliot 4 X 10. And ever better, when I changed my Ashdown with an EBS amp. It Can play very loud without any distortion. I play Wal, but I have Tried it with my old Alembic, and with a ordenary Fender. It was the same.

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Any info about the sound it creates would be great?

5. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Guess its not that popular.

6. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Ahem

7. bufert57

bufert57 Ashdown User

Apr 12, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: 1964 Ears
    I just got one not too long ago with a road case to take out on the road and not worry about damaging my CL410H. The ABM sound is a lot brighter and fuller than my CL honestly. I hear more clarity and punch. The CL seems to be boomy where I have to turn the bass down quite a bit. I think this might have to do with the chambering. The ABM has the back ports. Can be turned up pretty loud and not distort.The build is really nice for being made in PRC (like all Ashdown PRC made). I was most worried about the metal grill, but it turned out to not damage easily and easy to take care of. I am really becoming a fan of the custom blue line speakers. Over all I recommend the cab. I think they are priced well for the good sound you get.

I use it with an ABM500

Pros:
    Light weight
    Nice thick tolex
    Great range and tone

Cons:
    1 speakon 2 standard inputs

shawshank72 likes this.
  8. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Thank you very much.

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I've been using Ashdown ABM cabs for over 16 years and have to plans on stopping.

It has nice even mids, solid lows and none too brittle highs. Overall the ABM cabs are well balanced and very solid sounding.

I also use the CL series cabs and they may be slightly more boomier that may also be becasue they do not have a tweeter like the ABM series cabs have, even though you can turn the tweeter off.

Ashdown endorser

10. CoR Bass

CoR Bass

Apr 2, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Basses, Ashdown Amplifiers, Morley Pedals
    I use 2 of these paired with the ABM 500 head. I love them. Clean, punchy and can shake the walls. They cut through the mix very well, no muddiness. I've used my ABM head with Ampeg 810 SVT cabs that were backlined at numerous shows and I think the Ashdowns blow them away. I also let my friend use them with his GK head (700RB I think)and they sounded great with it too. I remember reading a review before I bought mine saying something along the lines of taking the Ampeg lows and the Mesa highs and putting them together in one cab. I agree. With the valve cranked on my head, I get a good growl with them too. You can usually find them pretty cheaped used. What head are you going to use with it?