Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown ABM 500 & Aguilar GS210 Problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djshawn47, Jan 20, 2004.

1. I need help,

This weekend i was practicing with a drummer who has super loud drums and I was using an Ashdown ABM-500 rc 575 @ 4 ohm amp through a Aguilar GS210- i think 350 @ 4ohm cab. i had the input and output knobs at about 12 oclock and the EQ set at flat on the amp, and when i would turn the "valve drive" knob all the way up(to get some overdrive) my "A" string would fart out on me. The A would ring for about a second and then made this nasty farting noise(it would lose the low frequency). Only on the A string! I play a 5 string and even the B didnt do that. The Cab dosent handle the B string that well at loud volumes but it still didnt fart out on me. Does anyone know what is causing this? It almost sounded like either my cab or the amp couldent handle the frequency when i turned the "valve/drive" knob all the way up and put the input and output at 50%. Any one have any ideas? Does the valve/drive knob boost the output? should i be careful how much i turn it up when playing loud?

HELP!

Thanks