Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II Head vs SVT Classic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lavaman67, Mar 17, 2006.

1. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    I have an SVT Classic and it's ever present companion the 810. A Bergantino NV610 arrived at my doorstep yesterday and after spending some time putting both the Bergie and Ampeg 810 through their paces, I've come to realization that while the Begantino is much more focused and smooth and the Classic itself might be the ultimate culprit for the mud. I play 99% finger style roots rock and country. My style is groove and walking lines. I am using an 2002 American Deluxe Precision with 18volt electronics. I am wondering if an Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II Head would clean things up? Eden, Epifani, GK, EA? Anyone? I want the warmth, but with a quicker attack, a clean low end and tight mids. Any constructive advice would be appreciated other than using a pick. Cause it ain't going happen. I hate to see the SVT and 810 go, but I think they both might be on their way out.
  2. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    The ABM500 will definitely clean things up for you, but what you might run into is a lack of volume, because it just isn't anywhere near as loud as the ampeg. Check out the Mesa 400+, it stays pretty clean while loud, and with the Berg, I think is pretty quick.