Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown ABM C110-300 EVO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by npbassman, Sep 12, 2002.

1. npbassman

npbassman Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hi everyone. Has anyone here used this thing at a gig? I've read wonderful reviews and I'm looking for a portable rig for small gigs. I already have an ABM500 and I love it but it's in a big rack.

My main questions are:

How does the tone sound compared to the 500 and how much can you really push it? I'm figuring that I'd have to go through the PA to push most of the sound out to the people.

Thanks,

Mike

2. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Hi there...

I hate to say it (cos I absolutely LOVE my ABM c110, although mine is the older 200 with the celestion driver), but it greatly depends on what type of gig your doing... it definately can't keep up with 2 marshall half stacks at rehersal for me! But then I'm playing detuned and 5 string stuff at pretty high volume most of the time. I did use it as a reference monitor last week and used the DI into an extremely large PA, which works well...

Use an extension cab if you can...

Ian

3. bassbloke

bassbloke

Feb 26, 2002
    UK
    If you do a search on this you'll find more posts on the C110. I played my third gig with mine last night and am delighted with it. We had a support band and the bassist ended up using my C110 instead of his Trace stack. Said he got a much better sound with the C110 than the Trace and the C110 is now on his wish list as well.

This is a loud band and I was DIed from the amp into the desk (but I would have been even if I'd had 500 watts and a 4 x10). I'm not saying it would cope with every situation, and I still think I'll end up buying an extension cab to cover me for really big halls but I can't recommend these amps highly enough.