1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown ABM c115-500 EVO III

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dmm123, Mar 2, 2008.

1. dmm123

dmm123

Feb 23, 2008
    Just wondering if anyone could help me! My ashdown amp has a power output of 500w, but it seems to be lacking in the midrange! The obvious solution is to buy an extension cab for it and, seeing as i am not really keen on lugging a huge 4x10 cab around, i thought maybe a 2x10 would be ideal.
    The part which confuses me is the output of the 2x10 cabs e.g. say if i went for the Ashdown Mag210, which is capable of 200w, does this mean that it is not compatible with my 500w amp???

Help needed! Does the cabs power have to match with the amp???

Should I go for the 4x10 instead????

2. only4

only4

Aug 12, 2006
    Manchester UK
    The cab wattage does not have to match the amp output unless its going to be the only cab used,because the load is shared. I would send Ashdown a quick email to see what they suggest,they have always been very helpful to me.The MAG 210 would probably do if you watch your volume but i would think that the ABM210 cab would be better suited.