1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown ABM-C210H-500, Am I Making a Mistake?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Groove*Rocket, May 1, 2001.

1. Hi Bassists,

I have just purchased the redesigned Ashdown 210 combo (500W), which includes faster switching preamp, metal grill and "BlueLine" drivers. Realistically I could probably back out of the deal in the next couple of days, if the arguements are compelling. I have not been able to test this unit, because there are no local dealers. I have tested Eden and Aguilar and like the fat Aguilar sound, but do not have the back to haul it around and would prefer spending a bit less than the Aguilar demands. I play fretted (PreEB Stingray) and fretless (J-bass) on jazz, funk , and rock. The sound shapping of the Ashdown preamp has lead me down this path. What I read suggests that it has a warmer, fatter tone than the Eden for example, while preserving crisp, articulate highs. I figure that the power amp should be sufficient for a ss and unlikely to differ significantly from any other available except tubes. The speakers are a bit of a black box and if the argument is compelling, I could switch out of combo mode and go with a separate Ashdown head and different manufacturer 210 cab. I could also wait for delivery as I could return in 48 hours, but would be out $100.00+ for shipping. Please let me know what you think.