1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown ABM DI buzz on occassion..don't think it's the amp though.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by triggervision, Sep 28, 2009.

1. triggervision

triggervision

May 24, 2006
    Trying to figure this out. All I have in my rack is the ABM 500 EVO3, X2 wireless, and a korg rack tuner. At some clubs I will get a hum/buzz through the PA. So I'll change the outlet I'm plugged into and sometimes that eliminates the hum (speculating maybe on that occasion I was plugged in to the line the lights were on). Sometimes when I do this it doesn't get rid of the hum; however, changing my xlr cables fixes it. Alas, other times I can change outlets and xlr cables yet still am left with a hum buzz. I don't believe it's my amp, but maybe? I know the ground is supposed to be internal but I just don't know what can be done to where I don't have to worry about is my amp going to hum or not ya know? Any help.

2. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    Ground lift. Most amp di's have a little button for that feature. If your doesn't you can probably get some sort of adapter.

3. triggervision

triggervision

May 24, 2006
    yeah it doesn't have a ground lift on it. I will look into adaptors although I would rather not have to get one honestly...btw I'm from albertville, Alabama like 45 minutes south of Huntsville. Small world.

4. triggervision

triggervision

May 24, 2006
    any other suggestions? aka...bump

5. triggervision

triggervision

May 24, 2006
    maybe a late night bump will spark anyone with this experience.